Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday, Monday…

Another weekend has flown by at lightning speed…how does that happen?  The other five days of the week often crawl by at a snails pace – but, the weekend is over in the blink of an eye.  Maybe our time together as a family is so little and so precious that we try to cram in too much. 
The boys are all coming down with a cold.  The amount of sneezing and snotting going on around here is amazing.  If it weren’t so gross, it would be impressive.  I am constantly armed with a tissue…and my services are needed often.  There are many things I will miss about having young children…wiping noses will not be one of them.  Oh yeah, and reassembling sippy cups after they have been washed will also not be on  my list of “things missed” from this season of motherhood. 
However, the bonus of having little ones who are a bit under the weather is that there are many more snuggles and opportunities to smooch their soft, chubby cheeks.  I am also reminded that a passing cold is annoying, but not such a big deal.  When I get tired, frustrated, and annoyed with the things that go along with having ill little ones…I try to remind myself to be grateful (sometimes, it even works).  Somewhere there is a mom who has a sick little one who doesn’t have access to good health care or a mom who has a little one who is chronically ill and would love to only have a nose to wipe instead of an entire daily routine to care for them.
So, I am learning to pray more – asking for God’s help.  I desperately need Him to help me be patient when I am tired, to remain calm when it’s chaotic, and to remain grateful for the joy of mothering these little men of mine.   100_2098

So, when life has you in a tight spot – call on the Lord & be thankful!  {grin}

The Lord is near to all who call on Him, 
to all who call on Him in truth.     
Psalm 145:18

2 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

What a great thing to remember on those hard days.

Rick and Beth said...

So great to read that I'm not the only one who has trouble being grateful. We live such blessed lives and can still find so much to complain about. When will we learn?

Lord, make us grateful people.