Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Twin Shock


Three months after delivering twins, I still find it hard to believe that I actually had two babies at the same time. That sounds so silly, but it's true. Clearly, I know that there are two infants in our house - afterall, I change the diapers around here! Most of the time, I am just going about my daily "mom" business and don't give the "twinnyness" of Caleb and Matthew much thought. However, from time to time...I am overwhelmed by God's goodness to our family and His amazing sense of humor! :)
I am in awe of the way God gives just what we need - even when we don't know it! Had you asked me a year ago if I would like to have twins, I would have never answered "yes." Yet, here I am loving these toothless, grinning, chubby little boys who keep us up all night! I wouldn't go back now if I were able to. Adding Caleb and Matthew to our family has been so good for all of us...Brad has mastered multi-tasking, Sam has discovered the joy of making them smile and he loves it, Luke likes to touch their little toes and smile, and I am remembering to ask for God's help with my mothering and am amazed at all that I am capable of because of His faithfulness. God is good.