Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Freedom

I finally did it...I left the house with all four of my children by myself. Well, sort of. :) Sam attends preschool on Wednesday mornings at a church near our home. I dropped him off at 9:00 am and got some much needed "alone" time during the 12 minute drive home...I even splurged for a fountain diet coke for the ride. I arrived at home and Brad left for his office. So, this meant for the first time I was to pick Sam up with the 3 little ones in tow. I was only a little anxious - you just never know what might happen around here. To add to the drama, Luke isn't feeling so well. He has got it all: runny nose, sneezing, low-grade fever, not sleeping well, and miserable. I got everyone loaded up and arrived at the church a few minutes early. YAHOO! Sam's classroom is on the second floor of the building and there is no elevator. It's simply impossible for me to tote the twins in car carriers and Luke upstairs to get Sam. Thankfully, his teacher was willing to bring him down to the van for me. What a blessing! It was really exciting to think that I could actually do this - I am no longer a prisoner in my own home! Before I claim total victory maybe I should remember that it was a 12 minute drive and I didn't have to actually go into a store or accomplish anything - simply to bring everyone home again. :)