Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Heavenly Lunch Conversation

You can never be sure what lunch time will bring around the Johnson house - you can usually count on some food, a mess/spill, and some entertaining conversation. Today, our chat began with Sam asking me about career choices.

S: Mom, can I be a pirate when I grow up?

M: You can be a pirate if that is what God wants you to be.
He turned to his yummy pizza and yogurt for a few bites.

S: Are there waiters in Heaven?
I quickly scanned my memory for some scripture reference dealing with waiters and service in Heaven - came up blank. :)

M: I am not sure...what do you think?

S: I hope so...(long pause) I don't want to go to Heaven.

M: Why not?

S: I am afraid of heights.

I chuckled out loud...and then went on to explain that Heaven isn't a scary place at all - and we have no reason to be afraid because God loves us and will take care of us. Man, this kid keeps me on my toes. In case you're wondering what Luke was doing during this conversation, he was shoving cottage cheese in his mouth by the handful. :) Life is good.

No comments: