Monday, November 5, 2012

Fall Break - Day 2

The second day of our little getaway began leisurely as we didn't have any plans until lunch time and one of my dear sons wakes up at 6 o'clock every single morning. So, we had breakfast and watched some television (a real treat because Nee Nee has cable!) without a care in the world.
  
My dear mother-in-law offered to watch the boys while I went to have coffee with two very dear friends.  I have known these young ladies since they were in sixth grade...and now they are both married and each recently had sweet baby girls.  Brittany and Lora were each part of our youth ministry program for years and I also had the honor of being their small group leader all throughout high school...and now, I am so thankful to be their friend.  What a blessing to be "doing life" with them for such a long time.  I love that God sets us into "faith families" to make this journey with.  So, we sipped coffee and chatted about motherhood, family, and faith.  They even let me hold their sweet little ones.  Swoon....I was in love!  They are young women of great faith and they are also incredible mothers. 

Lora and baby Audrey


Brittany and sweet Cora
So, I left the ladies and hurried back for our lunch date with "Pa Pa."  My husband's grandfather is 93 years old and such a blessing to our family.  He loves a good joke (he's such a good sport, he even laughs at my kiddo's jokes), loves his family, and we love him right back.  He really is a joy and my boys love him dearly.  Brad's mom, his two aunts, and Pa Pa were brave enough to have lunch with us.  We had a great time catching up with one another and managed to have only one spill during our meal.  {not mentioning any one's name....but, it rhymes with LUKE}.  :) 
 
After lunch, we headed to the local orchard for a visit to the pumpkin patch.  I love this little orchard in Indiana...family owned, not too big, not too commercial, and incredibly sweet.  We shopped in the little store, choosing some popcorn to bring home for Brad and some delicious apple cider slushies.  It seemed to take forever for each boy to find a pumpkin...but, we managed.  {snicker}  After all of that, we headed back to Nee Nee's house for dinner, baths, and bedtime.  Having so much fun is exhausting.
Nee Nee and Caleb riding to the patch

Caleb found a winner!

It's impossible to get a good pic of this crew! Little clowns!
 

Sam searching for the "perfect" one...

Luke was determined to find the smallest, "cutest" pumpkin.
 

No comments: