Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The month of December has been chock full o' blessings...and the page on the calendar hasn't even been turned yet.  It always feel strange to begin a calendar for the new year...everything about it feels odd.  The pictures aren't the same style, the font is different, it's squares aren't full of activity, and the new year just looks "odd" to me.  2010 just seems foreign.  Okay, that is enough about my new calendar...I am sure that our relationship will grow over the coming months.  Just in time for me to welcome my 2011 calendar.  {grin}


I managed to choose the least horrible picture of our four little men for a Christmas card.  Don't misunderstand, the Johnson boys are incredibly handsome and photogenic.  We have such amazing individual shots of them.  Getting a terrific photo of the four of them is much like nailing Jell-o to the wall.  If you have more than one child, you know what I am talking about.  Caleb is drooling, Luke is crossing his eyes and sticking out his tongue, Sam is looking at a squirrel across the yard, Matthew is sticking his finger up his nose, or my favorite - when we ask the "big" boys to "hold" their little brothers, someone always ends up in a choke hold.  So, it's rare to get a good pic of all 4 boys.  I figure anyone getting our Christmas card this year understands our situation, and they'll have to laugh along with us.  Speaking of the Christmas card, this year I was so on top of things.  I ordered the cards early, wrote the letter in record time, and then failed to buy postage stamps for the next 3 weeks!  Go figure.  Getting to the post office is not high on my priority list, I suppose.  {grin} They finally got mailed on December 22nd. 

We buy only three gifts each for the boys, so shopping would seem easy.  However, when you get a few gifts, you have to choose wisely.  I managed to get it nearly completed in one full day.  Whew!  Now, we are just preparing for Jesus' birthday party.  Gotta bake a cake & get out the party hats!  Then we'll make final preparations for our family who is visiting from out of town tomorrow.  Can't wait to see them!   It is the most wonderful time of the year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to catch up. loved your xmas card!